Welcome to Winery Corteforte Fumane – Pietra Corteforte was built at the beginning of the 15th century in a strategic position in the Fumane valley. It was originally composed of four towers joined together by a high rock wall and was an important point of defense against attacks from the north. In 1600, the structure became property of an important Veronese family, who transformed it into a noble countryside residence. The edifice was enriched with arches in marble and ornately decorated. Other dwellings were also constructed nearby. Since 1989, Corteforte has been the property of Carlo Maria Cerutti, an enthusiastic grape cultivator that has restructured the winery, maintaining its original characteristics as much as possible. Only one of the original towers remains. The adjacent stall has been transformed into a quite particular enotec, underneath which the cellars have been once again located. Nearly eight acres of grapevines surround the winery. The annual production is about 250-270 metric tons of grape, destined for the production of wines such as Valpolicella Classico Superiore, Amarone, Recioto Amandorlato, and “Il Sole di Corteforte”. The winery has a capacity of 80,000 liters, in wooden and stainless steel containers. The first year with a significant production was 1993, with 3000 bottles.